Monday, January 18, 2010

Sudbury--Imax Festival

It's a five hour drive to Sudbury but you don't notice it when you're listening to a nine hour unabridged book. It was called The Secret Between Us. How annoying when at about the sixth disc, the voice gets garbled and the player goes silent.

Happily, I was close to Sudbury by then and heard that bit over again on my computer in the hotel. Then off I went to my first Imax Festival film called Beavers. And that's what it was about. Who knew they made little whiny grunt sounds. And boy can the chop trees! I wonder how they film the critters and get them to just go about their business or maybe that accounts for the whiny grunts.

It was only about 40 minutes long so I topped the evening off with a long swim and soak in the hot tub, a little reading and then bed. Tomorrow Alexander Public School, and The Bears.

No comments: