Thursday, June 16, 2011

In a Tub, Reading That Summer in Franklin

Lots of times I read my friends' books and it's a way of staying in touch with them or getting to know them better.  My writing buddies are all Canadian so often I enjoy a fairly local setting too.  Here I'm reading That Summer in Franklin by Linda Hutsell-Manning.  Franklin seems a shoe-in for Cobourg where Linda really lives (and so does my brother).

The two main characters are struggling with failing aging parents, one a father and one a mother. I can identify with that.  They both share a history that involves a death in a hotel during their summer job.
Three-quarters of the way through...must read on to find out what happens or happened in the case of that murder.

1 comment:

melusina said...

Thanks so much for supporting me. I'm currently having great success talking to Book Club groups re social issues re dementia and adult children of alcoholics portrayed in That Summer in Franklin. Always looking for another interested Book Club.