Saturday, January 02, 2010

Best Christmas Card of all--from Beauty

I liked all the Christmas cards I received. Friends are another of the treasures of life. But feeling that you've made a difference is probably the most exciting aspect of being a writer. It's not always reflected in royalties, reviews or awards. This Christmas card made me feel as though I have contributed significantly to Canadian children's literature. So I want to post it here, in case I lose the actual physical photo. Samantha read Bringing Up Beauty in grade 4. Now she's at U of Guelph and works part time at Canine Vision Canada. She fosters many dogs but a couple of months ago she told me she was finally raising a chocolate Lab that she named Beauty after the two dogs in Bringing Up Beauty, A Different Kind of Beauty and Beauty Returns. I feel honoured.

No comments: