Sunday, June 17, 2007

Clean Fishbowl, Clean Puppy, Father's Day Lobster.

I've been looking at our poor sad Beta triplets and saying I really must clean their bowls for the longest time. They are beautiful fish and ask so little. Just the occasional speck of food and clean water say once a month.

But it's a life threatening situation for them too. They don't like to be dumped into the sink, they don't like to be fished back out. On occasion they have leaped into the air and hurtled to the hard porcelain floor. Then I have to scoop them flip/flopping around back into their clean bowls.

Today I did it. No injuries. So encouraged, I also washed the Jackapoo Mortie. He whimpered and whined the whole way through. Then for a long time after he shivered.
So I took him for lounge outside in the hot sun. Hard to shiver after that.

Next on the agenda was Father's Day supper. I heated up lobster for six, we bbq'd steak for the non shell fish lovers and enjoyed a great dinner together.

1 comment:

Super Happy Jen said...

I look away from your blog for two seconds and you've written an entire novel. Good thing it was a nice day on Sunday for Morty's bath. You'll have to find another way to stop shivering in the winter. Maybe a doggy tanning bed? :)